We are looking for a Actuarial Systems Manager to join our Actuarial Systems team, working on the design and architecture of FIS Insurance Risk Suite.
We sit at the forefront of the Insurance modelling industry and empower insurers and reinsurers around the world with the tools and services they need to reliably manage their risks. We are looking for a qualified or part-qualified actuary with modelling experience and a strong interest in software design, or a candidate with a strong business analysis or product ownership background.
In the Actuarial Systems team, you'll work with world-leading developers, business analysts and product owners to design new features and functionality for the suite of Prophet products, which will help keep Prophet at the forefront of technological excellence, whilst building an understanding of technology, insurance products and regulatory developments affecting the insurance industry worldwide.
You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of some of the more challenging aspects of Prophet such as dynamic calculations and extended formulae. You will have had previous exposure to Prophet Library code, such as ALS, or exposure to Prophet Enterprise or Assumptions Manager. You will have an interest in technology and how insurance companies use it in their business. You will be able to use this with your Actuarial experience to understand how emerging technologies as well as regulatory change may affect the insurance industry and consequently the Prophet business.
It is expected that you may also be involved in other areas of the Prophet business - the extent of involvement will depend on the communication skills, proficiency with Prophet, business knowledge and personal desire of the candidate to participate in these client-facing activities.
Responsibilities in the role will include:
- Specify new enhancements to the Prophet applications in response to industry developments and to better meet customer needs. Ensure the requirements meet business approval. Communicate the requirements to relevant parties to ensure that the team fully understands the need. Understand project priorities ensuring that the most important aspects are delivered to a good quality.
- Understand the potential impact of the changes to the wider system. Ensure all parties fully understand the requirements and contribute to the design and architecture of the Prophet applications, working alongside internal development teams
- Support development teams within an Agile framework as a Product Owner and technical expert, and provide feedback on whether developed functionality meets expectations. Understand the project backlog fully so as to prioritise work and to understand where issues may occur. Where appropriate look for solutions to any relevant project issues.
- Organise training, communications and workshops to ensure that all internal teams understand new developments. Work with them to understand impact to working practices and look at solutions to mitigate impact internally and externally.
- Problem solve and provide solutions to technical challenges with the aim of becoming a subject matter expert on core Prophet products
- Guide the team on technical issues. If not proficient in that area investigate other ways to fill the technical gap.
- Support helpdesk teams with escalated client queries ensuring quality, accurate and professional answers are given from the team.
- Communicate new Prophet functionality to colleagues and customers worldwide