Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
The Director, Biostatistics, RWE statistics methodology, will be responsible for RWE statistics methodology expertise partnering with the big data, real world evidence organization at Jazz. The Director will provide statistical methodology leadership for EMR, EHR and claims analyses across all Jazz products. We are looking for a creative, curious thought leader to not only ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of proposed methodologies, but to champion and advocate novel statistical methods in the realm of real-world evidence across all Jazz products. The director should be prepared to research and propose new methods as well as provide training both within Biometrics and within the broader Jazz organization on RWE statistical methods. In addition, the director would be responsible for publishing novel methods as appropriate. This position partners closely with the big data/real world evidence organization and reports into the Senior Director, Biostatistics, Medical Affairs and Value.
- Provide statistical leadership for Biostatistics function responsible for partnering with the big data, real world evidence organization.
- Responsible for providing statistical methodology expertise for all relevant studies and responsible to learn and education partners in the organization as new methods emerge and are needed within the department.
- Responsible for statistical integrity of proposed analyses across all Jazz compounds for RWE studies.
- Provide statistical representation in meetings/conferences to support medical communications and health technology assessments.
- Serve as a biostatistics representative on cross functional initiatives between biostatistics function and aforementioned internal working partners by engaging cross functional leaders.
- Develop collegial and productive relationships with senior leaders across Jazz through collaboration and presentations.
- Conduct independent research and resolve statistical methodological issues when needed
- Recruit, develop, and retain talents to meet group and department functional goals and business objective of Jazz Pharmaceuticals as needed.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or related fields (PhD Preferred)
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience. Experience with real world evidence and HEOR projects/studies preferred
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to California/Pennsylvania/UK sites to ensure collaboration with internal stakeholders in both locations
- Excellent writing and communication skills, demonstrated leadership and project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to present complex issues and proposed solutions to cross functional senior leadership
- Developed organizational awareness and proven ability to influence leaders from other functions
- Intellectual curiosity to research and propose novel RWE statistics methodologies
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.