Donation Services Specialist - Omaha, NE (Weekends Only) Friday-Sunday Join our mission and help give the most precious gift of all...life!
Our Hospital Services team continues to grow our team of experts to advance our department.
We are hiring a Donation Services Specialist to serve as a liaison for Live On Nebraska at local hospitals for organ and tissue donation on weekends. Responsibilities include establishing strong and effective professional relationships, participation during active organ and tissue recovery opportunities, referral response and working with the organ team to determine donor suitability, providing ongoing education to hospital staff, and assisting with real-time concerns that may impact donation.
The ideal candidate would have a strong medical background, excel at training others, demonstrate professionalism through interpersonal skills, effective communication, positive customer service and continually strive for organizational effectiveness. If you are composed, thrive by motivating others, and are driven by success this opportunity could be the next step in your career. This position is based in Omaha and will require full availability during weekends (Friday-Sunday) and holidays that fall on weekends. Regular weekend travel between Omaha and Lincoln can be expected. Job Responsibilities
- Establish strong and effective relationships with assigned hospitals.
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism through interpersonal skills, effective communication, positive customer service, maintenance of confidentiality, and appropriate representation of the organization.
- Participate during active organ and tissue recovery opportunities.
- Referral response and working with the organ team to determine donor suitability.
- Engagement with the Live on Nebraska and hospital teams to identify successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with troubleshooting problems in real-time that may impact outcomes.
- Facilitation of post-case activities.
- Administer ongoing and annual hospital staff education.
- Participate in hospital policy and procedure consultation associated with donation processes.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the execution of hospital needs assessments and strategic plans.
- Degree in Education, Health, Life Science, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, or related field is preferred.
- Bachelor s degree is preferred.
- Weekend availability required.
- Medical knowledge, medical terminology, and knowledge of hospital operations preferred.
- Maintain a valid driver s license and personal auto insurance.
Live On Nebraska offers our team members a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including insurance, retirement benefits, and paid time off. We want team members to feel empowered and appreciated in the workplace. We strive to provide team members with an environment that fosters growth, satisfaction, and creativity.
Live On Nebraska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply with Indeed