Position: Electronic Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA
Luna Innovations is an American developer and manufacturer of fiber-optics- and terahertz-based technology products for the aerospace, automotive, communications, defense, energy, infrastructure, security, and silicon photonics industries. It is headquartered in Roanoke, Virginia. Luna's products are used to test, measure, analyze, monitor, protect and improve products and processes to enhance the safety, security, and connectivity of people.
Luna Innovations holds more than 450 U.S. and international patents in fiber optics and specializes in products for fiber-optic testing of components, modules and networks, as well as integrated optics and distributed fiber-optic sensor solutions. Their fiber-optic test and measurement devices include optical analyzers, reflectometers, tunable lasers, optical switches and customized systems for strain, temperature, shape and position sensing.
Luna is looking to add to its diverse team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals to aid in the development and manufacture of new generations of technologies and products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce mechanical, electrical, and fiber optic assemblies on a manufacturing line
- Conduct testing of fiber optic assemblies
- Closely follow documented assembly and test processes
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of manufacturing issues
- Support experiments lead by manufacturing/test engineer
- Perform preventive maintenance and calibration per provided procedures
- Document test results using paper and electronic means (Word, Excel)
- Work with engineering to improve assembly and manufacturing methods
- Follows all enterprise, safety and production procedures and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- AA or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school a plus
- Previous manufacturing experience and/or document control systems a plus
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or similar QMS preferred
- Hands-on technician with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Communication and documentation skills
- Attention to detail with focus on quality
- Soldering experience a plus
- Fiber optic experience preferred
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.