An excellent education provider is looking to recruit an Employability Trainer, to work on a full-time permanent basis, starting ASAP. In the Cambridge area
The ideal candidate will have the relevant qualifications and experience to inspire and engage their students.
The successful candidate will have the ability to manage a diverse range of learners and will use interactive methods in the classroom. Planning and preparation of schemes of work, lesson plans and the continual assessment of learner work is a significant part of this role. This involves managing the quality of the course through implementation of robust internal verification schedules. Communicating effectively and working as a part of a wider team is a key part of this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate employability skills programme delivery for a rolling caseload of students including a pre-apprenticeship programme
- Provide recruitment and selection support to build your caseload of students
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Comply with the college's maths and English strategy
- Work with colleagues responsible for student services to deliver an overall student experience.
- Work with the Team Leader and Quality to continually strive for excellence and improve standards.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is £23,000 - £28,000
- 37 hours per week
- Defined Benefit Pension, Yearly Bonus and salary increase
To be considered, suitable candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Maths and English qualifications to GCSE grade C or equivalent or ability to achieve.
- PTLLS qualification or other relevant teacher training
- Previous experience of working within the employability sector
- Previous experience within the construction or teaching construction sectors
- Experience of training others in non-traditional teaching environments
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Sound administration/
- organisation skills.
- Working knowledge of health and safety
- Effective time management skills
If you are interested in this position, then please apply via the link. Alternatively, you can contact Fin to discuss the role in further detail.
If this vacancy is not of interest to you at this time, but you happen to know someone who might be suitable and interested, then please kindly pass these details on to them.
Dovetail and Slate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, applicants, and clients to share this commitment.
This role may involve work with under 18's or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Dovetail and Slate ltd acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).