At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is currently looking for an Enterprise Part Standards Manager
to join their team in one of the following locations: Berkeley, MO, North Charleston, SC, Huntington Beach, CA, Long Beach, CA Mesa, Arizona, Oklahoma City, OK, Huntsville, AL, Plano, TX, San Antonio, TX, Herndon, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, Ridley Park, PA, Chicago, IL, New Orleans, LA, or Titusville, FL.
This position is responsible for enterprise support of all Part Standards and Part Standards Data. The team is responsible for assured management of integrated data for Part Standard, Geometry, and delivery to various downstream systems/applications.
The successful candidate will engage in these major areas: One Boeing Part Standards Collection change management, Part Standards Data management and delivery, & Change management of Legacy Part Standard Collections. Position Responsibilities:
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Leads team responsible for execution of text/xml authoring of Standards
- Leads team of Engineers/Standards Control facilitators (SCFs) for end to end change management of Part Standards
- Leads teams and individuals SCFs responsible for change management of Legacy site-specific Part Standards and Part Specifications
- Leads employees responsible for Data Centric authoring
- Authorized Standard Lists & Part Standard Rulesets
- Part Substitution Documents/Wizard, Fastener Installation Wizard, & Part Standard Wizard
- Common Parts Information Management System
- Lead team responsible for management of detailed process documentation acutely subservient to applicable command media for all processes executed
- Team responsibilities include RCCA execution and process improvement efforts for continual Productivity and Quality enhancement
- Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the areas of Engineering Product Lifecycle
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Manages, develops and motivates employees
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience working with industry and military specifications and standards requirements and processes
- Experience with Boeing Internal and/or external part standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic thinker
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies . Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $95,760 - $177,840 Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.