First Contact Practitioner
Location: Boston, Lincolnshire
Salary: £38,900 - £42,000 (dependent on qualifications/experience)
Contract: Full time hours, Permanent
Sponsorship is available for overseas applicants
We are seeking applications from forward-thinking, enthusiastic and self-motivated FCP's with proven MSK experience to work within GP Practices, in the role of First Contact Practitioner (FCP).
We have the infrastructure to support the suitable candidate towards completion of the First Contact Practitioners and Advanced Practitioners in Primary Care: (Musculoskeletal) A Roadmap to Practice, to achieve full recognition as an FCP with HEE.
Main duties of the role
- Being an FCP, you will be working along with the medical and non-medical staff at the GP practices in the primary care network (PCN) to provide First Contact Physiotherapy service as part of their patient offer. This will include frontline expert screening and assessment to establish a rapid and accurate diagnosis and management plan.
- To meet this requirements, the candidate needs advanced clinical assessment skills, screening and triage skills, order relevant investigations, acting on results as required, discussing, sign-posting and initiating a wide range of treatment options, including onward referrals in line with evidence based pathways within the scope of practice and competence.
- You will also be expected to develop links with colleagues within the MSK pathway, commissioners, and secondary care colleagues to ensure the delivery of excellent patient-focused care.
- FCP will be expected to take responsibility of their ongoing professional development and funding will be provided based on the service demand.
Working for our organisation
- We are an AQP provider with a proven history in providing MSK services to multiple PCNs. We are a passionate and professional first contact physiotherapy provider focused on delivering robust, patient centred care close to home.
- You will be provided with a comprehensive and tailored induction plan, ongoing support from the FCP Clinical Team Lead and experienced peers, and ongoing CPD support.
- We also have regular in- service training programme and offer opportunities for funded training courses when required.
- Working as an FCP you will gain experience of working alongside of General Practitioners, advanced nurse practitioners, pharmacists, paramedics, and many other team members working within GP surgeries and PCNs.
- We are committed to providing a supportive, friendly and professional working environment. Monday to Friday role with weekends and bank holidays off
- Option to join company pension scheme,
- 5.6 weeks annual leave, training and CPD opportunities.
- We will provide you with a designated HEE recognised FCP supervisor.
- HCPC and CSP registration
- The successful candidate must be committed to attaining Health Education England FCP and/or APP registration and will receive mentorship and support to achieve this within agreed timescales.
- Masters degree or equivalent professional experience with evidence of professional study at Masters Degree level
- Demonstrates specialist knowledge of MSK Conditions
- Are zealous in providing high quality patient care and services along with our current FCPs and MSK physiotherapists team.
- 3 years + experience of working in MSK in the UK
- The qualification to request and interpret imaging, blood interpretation qualification, prescribing qualification and join injection qualifications are desirable.
- Access to own transport will be desirable to ensure the ability to travel between locations to carry out work at varying clinics, and to attend training and meetings (when not remote).
- Evidence of clinical leadership
- Injection therapy qualification
- Non-Medical Prescribing Qualification
- Evidence of orthopaedic triage
Please contact Rachel from Piers Meadows Recruitment for more information.