At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Experienced Full-Stack Software Engineer to work in either Aurora, CO, Mountain View, CA, or Chantilly, VA, or Fairfax, VA locations. We're seeking a highly talented, motivated, and creative software developer to engineer new solutions and support existing capabilities of an agile software program for the national intelligence community. Primary Responsibilities:
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. Basic Qualifications: Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. MUST BE WILLING TO SIT FOR A CI POLYGRAPH AFTER START DATE
- Analyzing high level customer requirements and deriving lower level functional requirements.
- Software development tasks including detailed software design, coding, and unit/integration/functional/system testing of customer desired features/user stories.
- Briefing software designs and demonstrating software release functionality to customer/stakeholders/end users.
- Develop and sustain new and existing applications; as well as troubleshoot and resolve various software issues.
- Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture. The existing multi-tiered system is developed on a cloud infrastructure with several consumer-facing web applications.
- Occasional business travel and after hours support may be required
- This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. (US Citizenship is required) (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- Foundational knowledge of object-oriented design and software patterns (4+ years)
- Knowledge of Git or other DVCS; experience using automation server (Jenkins, etc)
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace or related technical
- Solid experience in Java (4+ years)
- Experience using dependency management (Ivy, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience developing and maintaining SOAP, RMI, REST APIs and interfaces
- Experience using cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience/knowledge of the GEOINT domain
- Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), agile software development, continuous integration, and dependency management is preferred.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates. Referral Bonus: 3ERP
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift (US Specific):
This position is for 1st shift Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.