Apply for this job now
Live in carer
- 2 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
*If you're passionate about providing the very best care, we think there's nowhere better to work than The Good Care Group. *Working as a Professional Live-in Carer you'll make a genuine difference to the lives of the people you support. You'll have the time to care, tailoring your support to your clients' needs and wishes, enabling them to live in the place they love most - their own home. This isn't just work. It's life changing work.
Hit Apply below to send your application for consideration Ensure that your CV is up to date, and that you have read the job specs first.
When you join us you can be assured that you will have a CQC outstanding' team supporting you, 24/7, 365 days a year. We'll help you develop your knowledge through our specialist training courses and ensure you have all the support you need from our team of caring experts.
You might have professional experience as a support worker, or as a care assistant in a residential or domiciliary care setting. Or, perhaps you have personal experience supporting a family member or friend. If you share our passion for quality care, we'd love to hear from you. Please note you must already have the right to work in the UK. We cannot assist with any sponsorship or visa requests - including those applying for a health and social care visa.
*Why we think there's nowhere better: *
* All UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
* Blue Light Card - giving you access to lots of discounts to both online and highstreet retailers
* Ongoing training and development opportunities, including level 2 diploma in working in care services and a level 3 award in awareness of dementia
* Market leading face to face induction training in London (with hotel accommodation included)
* A dedicated local Care Manager who knows you and your client
* Peer to peer support for all Carers joining us as part of our buddy scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential advice and support
* An online Carer Community to stay connected, share advice and best practice
* 24/7/365 support from our central team
* Free DBS for England and free PVG if working in Scotland
* Pay based on your care experience, plus holiday pay, pension & bank holiday enhancements
*About the role: *
Live-in carers live with a client for the duration of their chosen rota pattern (e.g 2, 4 or 6 weeks). You'll look after one person or at times a couple, providing both care and companionship. Following a person centred care plan you will tailor your support to meet your clients' needs, assisting with daily activities, personal care, or support in managing conditions such as dementia.
*Your role will include: *
* You'll be matched with a client based on your skills and your client's needs, providing tailored support and companionship
* Following a client's individual care plan you will generally provide a daily average of 10 hours care provision to your client
* Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and Parkinson's
* Moving and handling
* Administering medication
* Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house
*We're looking for: *
* Professional care experience gained in any care setting, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant in the NHS or similar. OR recent experience of providing personal care for an adult friend or family member including washing, bathing and toileting
* You must be able to provide us with proof of your right to work in the UK. (E.g a British passport, settled or pre-settled status as part of the EU settlement scheme, or a current visa that allows you to work in the UK with no restrictions). If you apply to work with us and you do not have one of these documents, we regret that we will be unable to process your application.
* Due to increased demand, we are currently only accepting applications from vaccinated or medically exempt Carers
* A driver's licence is an advantage but not a requirement. The client provides the car and the insurance, for you to be able to take your client for the occasional trip out or to go shopping
* You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
_Providing high quality live in care in people's homes across England and Scotland, The Good Care Group is also part of Sodexo. _
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £1,001.00 per week
* Company pension
* Free or subsidised travel
* Referral programme
- Job Reference: 701831932-2
- Date Posted: 2 September 2022
- Recruiter: The Good Care Group
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: On Application