Continuum Medical Staffing has a opportunity in Florence, AL We have an immediate opening for a part time, Contract Physician acting as the Center Medical Director / CLIA Lab Director!
We are seeking a Part time Contract Physician who will be responsible for ensuring donor suitability, product integrity, and the continued good health of donors through compliance with FDA regulations and our Donor Center SOP. You will not be seeing patients in this role, you will primarily be quality checking work and information and signing off on that. We do provide on-the-job training. The position requires just 4 hours per week and it is a perfect opportunity to earn additional income.
Because this is a new location for, we will begin the contract by paying you your monthly stipend. As we get closer to the opening of the center, we will contact you to begin working 4 hours per week. You ll receive the hourly rate for hours worked at this point.
The center will be open limited hours in the beginning as it builds a donor base. Likely the hours will be 8am-5pm M-F. Eventually, the center should be open extended hours 7 days a week.
Oversee EMT/LPN/RN (Physician Substitute) performing the following tasks:
- Determine plasma donor suitability based on company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This includes:
- Review of medical health histories
- Physical assessment
- Review of plasmapheresis procedure, hazards, potential adverse reactions, and specific immunization programs if applicable
- Providing informed consent
- Counseling of donors regarding deferrals
- Documentation of interactions with donors
- Review of donor treatment and suitability following adverse events related to plasmapheresis.
- Provide training for donor center medical personnel including, Physician Substitutes and other Physician(s).
- Review lab results, as required, and exercise independent judgment to determine donor s future suitability.
- Perform CLIA Lab Director responsibilities for Moderate Complexity Testing.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS note: bold skills and certification are required
Must be a graduate from a licensed medical or osteopathic school
Must be currently licensed in the state in which the center operates
Must be a board certified Pathologist (Anatomical or Clinical)
Must be available for phone calls during the hours that the center is open. Typically limited to 3.
Clean AL license.
1 year or more of experience
Please contact me for full details about this unique opportunity.
Senior Physician Recruiter
Continuum Medical Staffing