We're recruiting for a Personal Tax Manager, or Assistant Manaager to join a fantastic Top 30 chartered accountancy practice based in Chatham, Kent. This position would suit a Tax Senior or Supervisor, looking to take a step up, or an experienced Manager looking to take on a hands on position with a fantastic and well-established Top 30 practice that has an excellent reputation!
Our client has been established in the Kent market for a long time. They have an enviable reputation and are considered one of the best accountancy practices in Kent and the UK. They have a great ethos and team culture where they offer a hybrid working pattern, and an extensive benefits package. The position can be built around the candidates experience, and aspirations, whether it be an advisory, or compliance dominant portfolio,
The successful Personal Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- Reviewing multiple personal tax returns within agreed service levels and quality standards.
- Identifying additional tax planning opportunities
- Managing personal tax advisory projects and dealing directly with clients
- Generating new leads and winning new personal tax clients
- Managing your own portfolio of self-employed, non-residents, private estates and family/business-related personal tax clients
- Dealing with basic and complex tax queries on behalf of clients, and preparation of client meeting notes for the team
- Planning and reviewing work carried out by team juniors to ensure personal tax compliance work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Assisting with tax efficient family structures and with IHT/CGT re-balancing for basic tax planning purposes that are HMRC-compliant
- Liaising directly with clients and HMRC regarding personal tax compliance matters on the phone and in person, and others in the internal tax and audit departments
- Identifying changes in UK Tax legislation and how this may impact the portfolio
- Ensuring the quality of personal tax compliance work is done to agreed cost and timescales
- The Personal Tax Manager, or Assistant Manager will be:
- ACA/ACA/ CTA or ATT Qualified with 5+ years' experience working within tax.
- Experience managing a client portfolio.Able to work successfully with a highly functioning team.
- An organised, detailed worker who has a methodical, diligent approach to tax.
- £40,000 - £55,000+ dependent on experience and background, negotiable.
- 25 days annual leave
- 5% pension
- Death in service
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Income Protection
- + Many more benefits
- Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch for a confidential conversation regarding this position, and similar opportunities.
Refer a friend..
We're keen to remain the leading provider of the best accountancy talent in the South East. We are continually exploring ways to expand our network and we know that great candidates like you can introduce us to other equally brilliant people. We're looking to work with the best accountancy practice and tax staff in the South East so if your friends, family or colleagues are considering a new opportunity and can demonstrate relevant experience, we'd love to speak to them.
For every candidate you refer and we subsequently place into a permanent position, we will give you £200 of Love2Shop vouchers. (Terms & Conditions apply).