Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician
Client is recruiting a new PM&R physician to join our team of 2 full time physicians, 2 part time physicians (approaching retirement) and a Rehab Psychologist.
This opportunity is primarily for outpatient clinic needs, while doing a combination of consults, EMGs, Rehab, and Sub-Acute.
Outpatient PM&R Clinic Information
- Large referring provider staff within the health system in addition to referrals from all over the state
- Ample opportunity to expand into various areas of passion in the field
- Clinic hours are typically 8:00 5:00 pm, flexibility in schedule
- Call Schedule: Inpatient Weekend Rehab Call (1 week/month) and 3 holidays
- Based on census, patient population, and patient acuity a new physiatrist may be asked to help out in the Inpatient Rehabilitation unit with patients and consults.
- Common patients seen by current Physiatrist:TBI, Stroke, Paraplegic, Quadriplegia,Spasticity, Migraine/other headaches, Amputees, Joint injections(shoulders, hips, knees,ankles), Cervical Dystonia,Dystonia,Botox(headaches,spasticity, scars, cervicaldystonia),B aclofenIntrathecal Pump Evaluation and Refills
- MDA clinic currently running 1 day per month, every 3 months
- Current EMG lab runs 3 days a week but there is opportunity for more volume
- Currently can schedule 24 cases per week and consistently have good show-up rates
- Main EMG physician is retiring in June 2019 elects 18 EMGs per week
- Greater than 98% of the EMG volume is currently outpatient business
- Dedicated, experienced neuro techs prepare the patient for the exam, as well as complete all pre and post paperwork and are always available if technical issues arise during the study
- Providers typically do their own nerve conduction procedures ( one certified tech the can perform NVC if requested)
- Current popular EMG procedures by diagnosis: Radiculopathy, Ulnar Nerve Compression, Carpal Tunnel, Peripheral Neuropathy, Myopathy
Inpatient Rehab Information:
- 20 bed acute rehab unit with onsite therapy, gym, PT, OT, speech, therapy garden, home training, and recreational outings
- Dedicated full time inpatient Physiatrist on the unit
- Patient load is 5-7 per physician with an average daily census of 12
- Monday Friday average 2-3 discharges and 2-3 admissions per day
- Acute care consults range from 3-6 per day
- Rehab Staffing includes
- Dedicated IM Hospitalist covering medical needs of patients Monday Friday
- On weekends physiatrist covers medical needs of patients however there is a hospitalist on call for additional support
- Med/Surg trained acute care nursing staff and critical care nurse on call to the unit 24/7 who is in house and leads nursing in emergency situations, codes, family concerns, etc.
- 16 therapists for inpatient and outpatient needs therapy occurs 7 days per week
- Primary diagnosis: Stroke, TBI, NTBI, TSCI, NTSCI, Neuro Condition, LE Fracture, LE Replacement, Other Ortho, LE Amputation, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cardiac/Pulmonary DEB, MMT w/out TBI or SCI, MMT w/ TBI or SCI, and Guillian Barre
Compensation and Benefits Competitive compensation structures with guaranteed salary + RVU bonuses creating a great opportunity to build a successful practice based on your desire. Benefits offered to employees include: generous CME and PTO, malpractice coverage + tail, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, as well as a 403B plan with 5% match and additional pre-tax savings programs for retirement.
- Populated with 60,000 residents and regionally supports nearly 275,000 rural Montana residents
- Nationally-ranked public schools and two accredited colleges
- Is equidistant from Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- Boasts four genuine seasons and blue skies over 300 days a year
- Has an international airport with direct flights to Denver, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Seattle and more
- Divided by the Missouri River, a world-class fly fishing and watersport destination
- Dominated by agriculture and outdoor adventure including, camping, hiking, horseback riding, water & snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big game hunting
While enjoying the Big Sky Country, known for breathtaking landscapes and an adventurous outdoor lifestyle, you ll take pride in working for health system, one of Montana s most progressive and modern healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 200 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Awarded Best Places To Work in Healthcare our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technologies make Client an extremely competitive health system for both patient and employee alike.
Accepts J1s: No
Accepts H1Bs: No Response
Loan Assistance: Not Specified
Practice Type: Hospital Employee
Verified Date: 06/23/2019
Senior HealthCare Recruiter/ Continuum Physician Recruiting / Continuum Medical Staffing
- Toll Free