General Surgery Overview
- As part of a surgical practice you will be joining an 8 person surgical group (6.7FTEs) with a 1:7 call.
- Advanced Practice Providers provide patient care support in the clinic and hospital.
- Provides surgical services to 3 hospitals in close geographic proximity in a major urban and suburban setting. One of the hospitals has several OR suites equipped with daVinci robots
- A team of anesthesiologists, CRNAs, perioperative staff and perianesthesia staff provide support to surgeons.
- Level 4 Trauma Centers staffed 24/7 with Emergency Medicine Physicians. One hospital may be going to a Level 3 Trauma Center in the near future.
- Patients are most often admitted to the 24/7 Hospitalist Service.
- Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Strong primary and specialty care referral base within the system.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Surgery residency training program
- Board eligible/Board certified with the American Board of Medical Specialties
- Minnesota Medical license eligible
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and creative problem solver