Job Title Product Engineering Manager, Electrical
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for a Product Engineering Manager to lead our Product Electrical Engineers and Technicians. You will:
- Provide technical and administrative guidance and direction for individuals and projects within the Product Engineering group.
- Manage employee performance (mentor, coach, train, and develop) through clear objective setting and timely, constructive, and candid performance management.
- Establish and lead engineering projects with cross-functional teams to meet business objectives.
- Act as technical Project Manager for major programs or significant portions thereof.
- Provide technical guidance and support for Product Engineering and other groups as required. Ensure sound application of scientific and engineering principles.
- Establish schedules for the group's activities, monitor to ensure schedules are met, and drive projects to completion.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate and division vision.
- Provide input to department manager on strategic direction for Product Engineering activities.
- Establish and achieve annual goals and objectives for the group in support of Company vision and overall PE departmental goals.
- Develop workforce planning and utilization requirements.
- Coordinate activities between the multiple engineering groups and other groups as appropriate to accomplish objectives.
- Resolve or assist employees in solving work-related problem.
- Travel to customers, supplier, other divisions, and technical conferences are required.
- Develop and effectively manage budgets and corporate resources.
- Effectively create and conduct presentations to all levels of the organization. Works with direct reports to coach and develop their presentation skills.
- Partner with other TMHG teams, dealers, and customers to effectively define and execute engineering and project activities.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to department and Company processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical, electronic, or product engineering design.
- Ability to problem solve in a timely fashion using proven methods and TPS principles.
- Possess strong computer skills and ability to effectively create and use visual management tools such as graphs, charts, A3s, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to promote an environment of collaboration and trust.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous management, supervisory, or leadership experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $93,000 and $120,000 depending on the selected candidate's background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program