674 Industrial Park Drive Claxton Georgia 30417
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Valmont is urgently hiring to fill various roles in support of our Operations at our Claxton, GA facility, including Quality Assurance Inspector.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Quality Assurance Inspector is an Individual Contributor role responsible for the processing and all final quality control of the finished products to ensure that they meet quality standards. The Inspector performs visual and dimensional inspections and tests on materials and components as during both the manufacturing process and in the completed production state. The Inspector may also perform checks in the shipping department to randomly confirm the correct completion of orders. May be asked to assist other crews when needed.
- Confirmation and documentation of raw material compliance with specifications
- Prepare and test materials and specimens such as concrete plastic properties and concrete cylinder strength tests
- Mark location of hardware in each pole
- Intermediate quality control prior to concrete pour and final quality control of finished products
- Conduct assessment of compliance with the requirements for finished product(s)
- Support the production of spun cast concrete poles
- Report product defects to the manager
- Knowledgeable of the types of manufactured elements
- Complies with the general OSHA and fire safety instructions for work at the concrete pump station
- Perform lock-out/tag-out and maintain restricted access to the emergency stops and the main switch
- Knowledge of the quality reporting system
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Manager and has no direct reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area
- Ability to understand and follow through with direction from management
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work one (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
- Ability to become ACI certified for areas related to testing of concrete material properties
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to follow instructions from others
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings, specifications and codes
- Ability to read write and perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Ability to lift up to lift up to 50 lbs. with average lift at 10 lbs.
- 2 year previous Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Ability to obtain CQI certification through the American Society of Quality
- Basic computer knowledge
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience with or knowledgeable of pole production process
- Knowledge of the technological instructions for the production of poles
- Ability to prioritize work in order to complete deadlines
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ s overall wellness needs are met.
Benefits include :
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmontâ s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .