Are you a Quantity Surveyor with a passion for the construction industry? Looking to make that step up to a more senior position? We may just have the role for you
REED Property & Construction are supporting a national housebuilder as they look to ramp up their commercial team further.
Their current team have broken records year-on-year in terms of output and will be looking to continue this trend into the future. This vacancy represents an opportunity to join that team!
If you're a QS with a few years' postgrad experience in industry, I'd encourage you to apply. Likewise, if you are already at Senior level this role will suit.
A competitive salary awaits, as well as a company car and bonus scheme.
The main duties of the role will include, but not be limited to -
- Managing the development of your portfolio of sites (usually three)
- Commercial cost appraisals
- Viability/feasibility analysis
- Managing of sub-contractors, materials and goods
- Monitoring and preparing site costs and budgets
- Undertake build cost assessments of acquired sites
- Maintaining a strong control of budgets throughout the life cycle of the development
- Costing and preparation of budgets for each stage of site development
- Reporting on costs vs. budget
- Financial decision making based on site acquisition and development
- Preparing of tenders
- Procuring of sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Close liaison with site management and sub-contractors to ensure productivity
- Use of a construction focused procurement system
To be suitable for this role, candidates will -
- Have a strong background in a similar role within the Construction industry
- Be well versed in meeting tight deadlines
- Have previous experience of looking after multiple developments at a time
- Hold a relevant degree (desirable)
Interested to hear more? Send your CV to me today!