At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research and Technology is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer Functional Architecture Lead (Future System)
in Fairfax VA, El Segundo CA , Huntington Beach CA, or Annapolis Junction MD. Position Responsibilities:
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position will lead the Systems Engineering efforts from system conceptual design, concept, requirements development, architecture definition, and design definition of various demonstrations to establish technology readiness and identify long lead development needs in support of a future system
- Work on world class, next generation disruptive technologies across the enterprise and at business partners and teammate facilities to develop, document, analyze, and test operational, functional, and environmental requirements of non-recurring development research systems.
- Leverage advanced Model Based Systems Engineering methods and tools to perform complex analysis and trade studies to evaluate Key Performance Parameters from technology requirements definition, design and manufacturing process definition to product development phase, supporting the technology all the way from concept definition to technology demonstration.
- Provide high impact, creative and innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Work both independently and as part of a dynamic team environment alongside world-class research scientists and engineers
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in new technology or product/capability development
- 5+ years of experience in system design, functional decomposition, requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
- Experience in working in an agile model based system engineering environment
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML
- Education/experience in 1 or more of the following: Cameo, DOORS, SysML, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Adjudicated Counter Intelligence scope polygraph completed within the last 5 years
Bachelor's degree typically 14 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift:
This Position Is For First Shift. BRT_MSA Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.