At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking an innovative Senior Urban Air Mobility Cyber Engineer
to join our growing team located in Hazelwood, MO, Arlington, VA, El Segundo, CA, Huntington Beach, CA, Huntsville, AL, Mesa, AZ or Oklahoma City, OK
and in partnership with Wisk Aero as part of an integrated Product Security Engineering Organization ,
with expectation of on-site engagement for working sessions and partnership with the Enterprise-wide PSE workforce.
As a part of the partnership with Wisk, we are transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we are making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of urban-air mobility, then read on!
You will be a part of Boeing's Product Security Engineering Organization, which is a growing multi-disciplinary cybersecurity engineering organization that is responsible for the security and resiliency of our products, platforms, and services. You will have multiple responsibilities across the life-cycle of Wisk programs and products, including the design and development of next generation systems. You will have the opportunity to shape and influence Product Security Engineering within this this joint venture, and engage with Boeing and Wisk's Product Security community. Furthermore, your effort will directly inform our Enterprise Product Security Engineering team with lessons learned and technologies, that directly enhances our commercial and defense offerings.
Successful candidates will exhibit and demonstrate the following experiences:
- Solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills and ability to tailor communication style to suit the audience
- Ability to adapt quickly or propose needed changes to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated performance embracing challenges, keeping commitments, and delivering results within reasonable expectations
- Experience in the design and implementation of secure design principles in system-of-systems utilizing avionics equipment
- Ability to conduct requirements-based testing and analysis, architecture design and product design for embedded systems
This role may require up to 25 % Travel.
For more about our Product Security Engineering
team please visit the below link:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation, and sustainment of product security and resiliency engineering through requirements, design, analysis, build, test, production, operations, and support and sustainment. Position Responsibilities:
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Lead the development, implementation, and sustainment of product security and resiliency throughout the requirements, design, analysis, build, test, production, operations, and support and sustainment lifecycle
- Act as an Platform Security Integrator for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous Urban Air Mobility (UAM) market
- Lead a cybersecurity risk assessment that reflects the mitigation of risk for the full life-cycle of the UAS
- Utilize the Risk Engineering digital thread to inform future requirements surrounding cyber survivability of the platform against specified cyber threats
- Lead the development and enhancement of system-of-system security requirements and architectures for product security to meet all applicable certification and customer requirements, with resiliency and security
- Lead, establish, and integrate standards for supplier cybersecurity engineering artifacts to meet applicable certification requirements and timelines
- Utilize a harmonized process of industry standards RTCA DO-326A/EUROCAE ED-202A and DO-356A/EUROCAE ED-203A to show compliance to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations related to airworthiness security
- In some areas, you will be working closely with system and components suppliers specifying and managing our technical needs as well as validating their offers and supporting their execution
- You will plan and execute aircraft and system integration, validation, and verification activities related to cybersecurity and resiliency
- As a system integrator, you will help define complex aircraft or major system interfaces using the best methods and tools available in the industry
- Leads coordination with governments, customers, suppliers, and industry to identify risks and improve industry and regulatory security standards and requirements for programs and interfacing systems
- Leads risk reduction and where appropriate research and development activities resulting in innovative solutions for implementation in product and services offering
- Leads the advisement of IPTs on maintaining product security and certification, including security consequences of modifying products and services
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience with developing, delivering, and supporting products and systems as an engineer
- Experience with cyber security and/or product security engineering
- Experience and applied knowledge of complex safety critical systems development process methodologies and associated practices such as but not limited to DO-356A, DO-326A
- Experience integrating complex, safety-critical systems and solving associated problems
- Experience leading a dynamic team and working across engineering and non-engineering disciplines
- Experience working across multiple Engineering disciplines
- Experience applying the certification regulations from several of the following: Part 23, 25, 27, 29, 33, 35
- Experience in leading system and component level cyber test and evaluation, including threat and security assessments, and table top exercises
- Experience with MBSE process, language (SysML, ARCADIA) and tools (CAMEO, CAPELLA, etc) and its use in complex system development
- Security+, a CISSP certification, or equivalent Cyber Security certification
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift:
This position is for 1st shift. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.