Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Glasgow/Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit a Service Design Lead for an initial 6 month contract - with the potential to extend - on a rate of £800/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances these roles will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
- Coordinate the design of services, strategies, and policies to ensure business requirements and user needs are being met.
- Manage relationships and communicate with stakeholders at all levels - influencing, questioning and coaching them.
- Advocate for inclusive, collaborative, user centred service design practices and embed them into service design and delivery.
- Advise on which service design tools and methods to use.
- Champion design for users for whom assisted digital and/or accessibility technologies are required to access a service.
- Lead the prototyping and validation proposed design solutions using a variety of prototyping tools.
- Make and guide on design decisions and communicate how decisions have been reached.
- Mentor, coach and train junior design colleagues and assure that their work meets the required standards.
- Experience in a lead role in a digital service design setting, designing and delivering a wide range of service design activities including: support team members to understand the value of design, negotiating design briefs and service developments, managing design teams, and delivering service outcomes based on user, staff and organisational needs.
- Experience of translating user needs into inclusive service patterns and concepts.
- Ability to think, act and communicate strategically in such a way as to stimulate conversation and collaboration, influence and lead thinking as appropriate.
- Knowledge of other user centred design practices and experience of collaborating with them for service delivery.
If you would like to hear more about these opportunities please get in touch.