Job Title Supplier Quality Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
A successful candidate works closely with Operations, Engineering and Suppliers to evaluate and resolve technical problems. Regularly performs root cause analysis for issues affecting, quality, cost and delivery.
- Under limited supervision, uses extensive technical skills, expertise, and knowledge of quality techniques as applied to electro-mechanical assembly, machine shop, welding, energy storage systems, telematics, and auto-guided vehicles.
- Provide project leadership and develops processes/procedures for supplier Quality Management Systems. You will:
- Evaluate technical quality problems and develops solutions to such problems with appropriate documentation (e.g. engineering changes or quality system procedures).
- Possess an expert understanding of manufacturing processes, with expertise in electronics and electrical assemblies, mechanical assemblies, as well as, fabricated, machined and welded parts.
- Provide expertise in quality assurance for alternate energy storage systems, and auto-guided vehicles, a plus.
- Provide expertise in quality assurance for software development, pertaining to embedded systems, and telematics, a plus.
- Act as a Team Leader or as a key team member in completion/resolution of large, consequential quality system projects.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled audits of production and supplier processes to assure compliant product and processes.
About the schedule:
Travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, computer science, or a professional license, with a minimum of 3-5 years engineering experience.
It would be great if you had:
- Excellent ability to read and interpret GD&T engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of quality systems used in the manufacturing environment and/or software development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and MS Project.
- Experience with Toyota Production Systems
- Experience with Part Production Approval Process
- Understanding of Lean Techniques and continuous improvement
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $80,800 & up based on education and experience.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program