TPF Recruitment are recruiting for an Audit Manager to join a fantastic Top 20 firm of chartered accountants based in Maidstone, Kent. You will work in an audit dominant capacity and your portfolio will be made up of a very exciting corporate client base, across a vast range sectors, and sizes, from businesses with £10m turnovers, through to listed businesses, and multinational groups, including FRS102 and IFRS. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a market leading Top 20 firm of chartered accountants in Maidstone, where there is a clear opportunity to progress in your career and to develop technically. You will get all of the benefits of working for a Top 20 firm of chartered accountants, and have the opportunity to work amongst a highly respected, and experienced team.
You will be responsible for:
- To manage assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To ensure audit quality at all times. Assist with internal and external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firms and professional standards.
- To brief staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and appraisals where necessary.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To perform the firm's review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client, and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts and commercial management letter on a timely basis.
- To oversee adhoc advisory projects;
- To ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute's CPD requirements.
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- To act as a line manager to students and/or seniors;
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
- Have a minimum of 4 years practical experience in a similar practice based position
- Experience of FRS102 and / or IFRS
- Proven experience planning, undertaking and finalising a variety of statutory audit assignments
- £50,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable.
- A highly competitive benefits package is also on offer.
- Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch for a confidential conversation.
Refer a friend..
We're keen to remain the leading provider of the best accountancy talent in the South East. We are continually exploring ways to expand our network and we know that great candidates like you can introduce us to other equally brilliant people. We're loo